Cleaned out the garage...

Guy

Spent some time cleaning out my garage yesterday. Last year I bought a 4WD truck to replace a 2WD truck. I still have the old snow tires. If you were going to put only 2 snow tires on a 4WD truck (money is tight...) would you put them on the front or the back??

Hotrod25

Probably the front but I'm no expert. I really thought you had to change all 4 tires when you had an All-wheel or 4-wheel drive vehicle? How soon before you can buy the other 2?

philio

I would probably put them on the back, but I am not an expert either. I would like to know what the correct answer to this would be.

UGoGirl

I'd put them on the back since there is less weight on the back and the extra traction there would be a help I would think?

Hotrod25

I'm still pretty sure you have to replace all 4 at 1 time. I would have taken it to the shop to see what they had to say. You don't want to throw your alignment out or ruin the new tires you put on.

FenderBender

When I took my truck in for new tires a few months ago I could only afford 1 tire a week, but they replaced the front tires first. I would probably say if you can't afford all 4 then get the front ones fixed.

NeedNewWheels

As far as I've always learned, your front tires are more important than the back ones. If you can only replace 2 tires I have always heard you get 2 new ones in front and move the front tires to the back.

Leslie

Especially with a front-wheel drive, the front ones would be the ones to do first. With a four-wheel, I would still say front since they're snow tires, and front-wheel drive is safer in snow, so it seems logical that putting the extra traction in the front would be safer.