Dirty gas pump handle

JohnBoy

I was reading a survey where a team set out to find the filthiest, most germ-infested things we touch on an every day basis. Door knobs fell behind the top place winner. That's right. Gas pump handles ranked at the top for being the dirtiest. Wash your hands after filling up, people.

bjstorm

Yes, I read that too. I found it surprising that things like shopping cart handles or bathroom sink handles weren't worse. But I do carry hand sanitizer in my truck.

Hotrod25

Well of course they are dirty and not really something I thought about either. I never wash my hands right after I pump gas! I guess I should toss some antibacterial hand stuff in my car!

Gomera

I have also heard this and it did not surprise me at all. They should put in wipes, like grocery stores have now for shopping carts.

Lamboguy

Sometimes I'll buy a hot dog or something I have to eat with my hands when I go to fill up my tank and I make sure to always wash my hands very well after touching those gas pump handles, as well as the door handle to the store. I do know people that will touch their food right after touching the handles, but it grosses me out.

vroombaby

This is why I keep hand sanitizer in both vehicles at all times. I hate the idea of what might be on that, or even sometimes the doors going into public builds (the DMV for example).

Corinne

Germs and school

My nephew just spent the last hour and a half on my computer. He was doing his school projects. I knew he had been in school all day, so I immediately cleaned up behind him after he went home. I know all about those school germs.

03altima

I was reading a survey where a team set out to find the filthiest, most germ-infested things we touch on an every day basis. Door knobs fell behind the top place winner. That's right. Gas pump handles ranked at the top for being the dirtiest. Wash your hands after filling up, people.
Wow, that's disgusting. It's also an object that would have never crossed my mind otherwise. I was thinking along the lines of the toilet or the floor of a public bathroom. Although, I will say this - normally I wash my hands after filling up anyways, simply because my hands always end up smelling like gasoline. :~\ Now I'll be washing them regardless!!