How far

Lizzie

How far would you drive for a good bowl of ice cream? I have driven about one and a half hour for a wonderful homemade ice cream. They have ton of weird flavors like avocado ice cream.

Brent

Wow, it sounds like it's worth the hassle. The ice cream must be healthier than factory made ice cream, isn't it? I have ever mixed ice cream with mashed avocado. It tasted great.

Vroooom_1972

I don't really go for the weird flavors of ice cream. However, every time I go to Dutch country in PA, I make sure I go to a farm where I can see the cows from with the milk comes for the ice cream they make. It is so creamy and smooth. Yummm! They also make their own waffle cones. It is just heavenly. I don't take the trip just for that, but it is a sure stop in every trip we take there.

KC23

I think I've driven probably 45 minutes before. It's an Ice Cream parlor I worked at as a teenager. I like to go back every now and then. I think it's worth it.

Fanbelt

I love ice cream but I would be contented with ice cream available on the local store. But avocado ice cream sounds like it tastes great.

Jon

I've driven about ten miles for a bowl (or cone) of good ice cream. That's how far our nearest Baskin Robbins is, and sometimes you just get a taste for it that nothing else will fulfill.

Vroooom_1972

Isn't it incredible how sometimes you are craving something that nothing else would satisfy? I sometimes want a shake from dairy queen and nothing else would quench it.

chillen

I would just head downtown, there is a small shop that has these crazy gelato home made types. Each day they have a specials list of about five that you can choose from.

Dodge Doll

The best ice cream around is the stuff I make from scratch, but I'm usually not that keen to go out and get the necessary ingredients (one recipe asks for a real vanilla bean.... that hurts the wallet, I tell you!)...

I happen to live in a version of Little Italy,REALLY good gelato is easily sourced, and there's a DQ just a mile from the house: why I'm not outright addicted is a good question.