How often do you wash?

Mustang37

How often are you washing your car in the winter? I like to wash mine at least once every week. I hate the salt and yuk that gets on the car in the winter. I even try to spray underneath the car each time I was it. I don’t know if washing it this often helps keep the paint fresh but I like to think it does.

LDriver

I don't wash it that often as it doesn't get that dirty, luckily. In fact I only wash the car about three or four times a year (about once per quarter). I don't wash it myself. I take it to the car wash centre. :high5:

Byker

I like to keep the road salt and chemicals they put on the roads to melt the snow off mine as much as possible, so I try to wash it once a week if I can. It's usually too cold here to do it at home, so I take it to one of those car washes that has the spray wands.

911porsche

I don't wash my car very often, maybe three or four times a year. I'd like to do it more often, but I just get too busy and forget.

CherryRed

I don't wash my car in the winter for two reasons. First, it always ends up raining or snowing right after I wash it. It ends up being wasted money so why wash it? Second, I live on a dirt road and the mud is horrible. I would be at the car wash everyday if I washed my car all the time.

fiat500

We wash our car once or twice a year. We only drive mostly around the city and where we live is a green city so the car stays clean a bit longer.

Mustang37

I also live in the country and it always snows after I wash the car, but I still wash it to get the salt and ice off the car. I think it's important to get it off so it does not ruin the paint.

MaximumSpeed

Where I live, they don't salt the roads and we live in a neighborhood; so I usually wash mine a couple times a year (usually in the summer). I took the kids through the automatic car wash last time and they LOVED that!

Kohn

Once a month for me is good enough, and so far so good. Most of the time I bring the car to a car wash. No time to clean it myself.

Donald

I only wash my car about once every couple of months. I don't live in an area where it snows, but I still thought I was really neglecting this compared to other people. Sometimes my car looks pretty dirty, but I struggle to find the time to get it cleaned. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who doesn't wash their car frequently.

Skippy

I don't wash mine very often either. I have not had any trouble with rust or the paint so I guess it doesn't make much difference.

UGoGirl

I get free car washes for life at the place I bought my vehicle at. It works out to be about twice a month that I take over and get it washed.