Repainting The Car

roller

What would be the color of your car if you want to repaint it? How do we maintain the glossy paint because it usually wears off after a few years, sometimes even months, after the repaint was done?

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I'm actually pretty pleased with the Pyrite Mica on my Tundra. It is a golden/brown color. I normally like dark colors, but in Florida they get too hot, and show too much dirt. The light colors do not show as much as a shine I feel as the darker colors, so I try to stay in the middle.

Miata_Matyr

I have a black car and, despite what everyone told me, I only wanted a black one! Now I see why it wasn't a good idea... Shows dirt instantly, shows scratches obviously and in Australian climate- gets VERY hot! I think a silver metallic car is probably the most ergonomical colour.

racergrl

My mood changes so often; I think I need to paint my car a psychedelic color so it can change with my moods! But if you want to keep the gloss, I'd suggest just keeping up with waxing and parking indoors on sunny days as much as possible.

roller

Yes, waxing is what I also thought of. So how often do we need to wax the car to maintain the glossy paint?

My dad bought a car and repainted it. He wipes wax on it every weekend but the color faded out after a year. Could this be the paint that he used or just a normal effect of weathering?

ginger

My dream has been to do something I probably never could because It would embarrass my kids. But I would love to have my mini van painted black and have pink lightning bolts going down the side. I think it would be the hottest soccer mom van out there. And to make it more cheesy I have a dress that is black with pink lightning bolts. Still it is to over the top I suppose so it will remain a dream.