The world's fastest car

LDriver

That's wow! Wow! and another Wow! Faster than the speed of sound and faster than an airplane. BUT...where are they going to drive it? Anyway, the question "what is it going to contribute to the world" was a spot on question and they say they want to inspire the next generation of scientists and engineers. I just hope it's not going to be another waste of money and all.

lucky

Certainly fantastic. I just can't think of any practical use for that car, except perhaps to break the world record. If they land to that police, then perhaps that can help combat crime and make movie scenes of police cars chasing planes more believable :)

TransAm

It goes beyond practicality... like any high-end sport scar, it's about the look, the feel, what it can do... you could say it's art. I would almost want one of those for my very own, except that to me it looks more like a land rocket than a car. I guess, speed isn't everything.

CherryRed

I don't get why they make cars that go over 75 miles per hour since that's the highest speed limit I've ever seen. It seems like the car makers focus to much on power rather than practicality.