Truck cover

vroombaby

I am looking for the truck cover that is flat atop the bed portion of our truck. I am thinking this would be great for an upcoming trip in case it rains. What are decent prices or good prices?

coup

Those can get really expensive. You can probably get a decent one for $300 if you look hard. Of course it also depends on the make and model of the truck. Some of the new truck bed covers can be very expensive.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I went with a roll up cover. This way if I'm out and end up picking something to big I can roll the cover up. You will be looking at 200-300 for a starting price for a good one.

I notice a difference with it up and down in the way the truck handles along with gas millage.

HANG

Yes as mentioned those are pretty expensive. Most trucks do come with those things, and if you don't have yours anymore, you could try to ask a neighbor or a friend to borrow his/hers. If not though I suggest a roll up cover. You do not want to go out and buy a big metal thing.

philio

You know, this might be an item you can find on Craigslist or eBay a lot cheaper. I imagine there are people who had them that might still have them around. You could post a wanted add and see what happens.

vroombaby

I might have to peek at prices and check the difference between hard top and the roll up. I have seen very few roll ups in my area, so maybe its a location preference thing. The model should not be too bad but planning a trip and the chance of rain like it has been (crazy) lately, I am really thinking better safe than sorry.

philio

I think the hard tops are the more expensive kind. Still, a used one might be the best way to go. Let us know how it works out for you.