1996 Taurus, need help

kromboy

Hello, I have a 1996 Ford Taurus. last night, the engine wouldn't turn off even if I took the keys out of the car, so I did some online research and most of the sources said that it may be related to the actuator rod that is malfunctioning, so I turned the engine off by taking out the fuse. When I did take out the fuse, I noticed the headlight and the light inside the car were still on, so I took out those fuses as well to turn them off.

Here is one difference that I'm experiencing from those stories I read on the internet.

My car will not start even if I put the fuse back in.. the other people's stories said that they were able to turn their engine back on and drive it to the shop to get it fixed.. but I cannot start my car.

Is there a possibility that my actuator rod could be broken so that it no longer pushes (start) or pulls back(shut off)??

or is it possibly some other problem?

When I try to turn the engine on, I hear a puff of air from the engine compartment and nothing more..

I do not plan on fixing the problem myself, it seems to be a lot more complicated than what I know to fix it.. but I do need to find a way to start the car to get it to the shop :(

Jump start won't work, so I assume the battery's okay..

I appreciate your opinion, thank you! any suggestions will help.

P.S. my insurance doesn't provide AAA service.. which makes me wanna change my insurance provider, so towing is my last option