Arguing over Radio in Car

Devoted2Dodge

Does anyone else have a problem with passengers messing with the radio while your driving? This drives me crazy! I was driving with my cousin and her kids, the other day. One of her boys wanted me to change the radio channel, so I did. The next channel had commercials on it, so I changed back. He freaked out and asked me to turn it back! When I asked him why, he told me he liked listening to commercials. The other boy kept insisting we listen to a Kids Bop cd. There was no way I was doing that! I think it will be a long time before I invite my cousin and her kids to go anywhere with me again! :shocked:

Skippy

I have only one rule in my car and that is that I control the radio. My one friend always likes to turn down the radio or change it in the middle of a song I like. That really annoys me. I would not listen to the Kidz Bop CD either.

MaximumSpeed

If kids riding in my car did that, they would lose the option to listen to anything. That's just rude of them and they need to learn some manners, in my opinion.

Hotrod25

:( I would put the kids out on the side of the road. No seriously my kids are always asking me to change the channel. We play a game, we turn the station until a song comes on. No matter what station it is we listen until it has commercials and then turn again.

Leslie

We take turns, but once the radio is set, it stays there. I don't allow anyone to change it except when we are stopped for more than a pause (for example, yes in a parking lot, no at a stop sign).

Devoted2Dodge

I wish I could install something, on the knobs of the radio, that gave a electrical shock. If anyone touched the radio, besides me, it would give the offender a nice shock. That would teach someone to mess with my radio.

Lamboguy

I don't have a problem with this at all. They respect me not to just start touching stuff. They are kind of silly though, because I usually blast my A/C and they sit there freezing, but won't tell me. My girlfriend does that all the time and I tell her she can adjust it, but she won't. Maybe I'm scary. :)

NeedNewWheels

I am so annoyed when I am listening to something and they change it. I think driver always gets to say what music we listen to unless the passenger is welcomed to change it. That's just proper manners.

Donald

I think the driver should have the final call regarding things like the radio and air conditioning, but I usually let my passengers have some input too. I prefer to drive, so I don't think it's fair for me to always get my way. I guess I just feel like a little bit of compromise goes a long way towards everybody being happy. :peace!:

vroombaby

Not passengers no but sometimes we (spouse & I) swap cars from time to time and we tend to listen to different things. I like either early morning talk shows or the music, he likes talk radio (about politics). I can not listen to that while driving down the road.

Alexus

I don't really care, because I have my favorite stations already preset. All I have to do is push a button and I can go to my stations.

lamborg25

Kids can make you mad sometimes. My brother and I have different tastes in life. When we are both in the same car, I tend to let him have his way because we have argued countless times before over which station to listen to.

UGoGirl

We recently became a one car family to economize. It has been an adjustment to share the vehicle and to get used to all the controls and settings being different each time you get into the car!

kentkars

Arguing over the radio is generally a hopeless event when driving with kids. I can tune out basically anything (more or less), so volume control is really where my opinion is the only one that counts.