Automatic car washes

Hotrod25

I don't know what it is about these car washes but they make me sick. You know the ones I'm talking about? Where you pull your car in - shut it off and the car wash machine does the work. I love going to them - it cleans the underside of the car great. I always feel queasy though when I'm sitting in the car.

Retread

Automatic car wash talk

I never thought about getting sick, but I do feel a bit claustrophobic when I think about getting stuck in there. Sometimes the soapy water gets inside the car a little. My gaskets need changing in the windows. Other than that, I do okay with them. I used to worry about the antenna that wouldn't go down, but now I just let it rip.

Rodney

I never thought about it either, but I guess I can see how it could make some people queasy. I don't know why, but I always get a kick out of those car washes. It makes me feel like a kid again for a few minutes.

FenderBender

I never go to these kinds of car washes because I never feel like my car gets clean enough. I would much rather take the time to scrub it down by hand and make sure I get all the dirt and bugs off myself.

sandis

I always feel claustrophobic too, even as a passenger. For some reason though I have never driven through one before. I am guessing its a fear since a friends car got managed up in one years ago.

RoadWarrior

I'm like Fender Bender in that I prefer to wash my own car. However, if it's too cold to wash it by hand, and it's really dirty, I have my favorite places to take it.

I tend to get a little queasy in the automatic car washes too. I try to just sit back and close my eyes, waiting for it to be done.

Skippy

I quit taking my car in when they broke my mirror off during the wash. I had to fight with them to pay the damages and it was just a pain. I wash it myself now.

bjstorm

I definitely hear you about feeling kind of trapped as the car goes through one of those automatic car washes. I avoid using one unless it absolutely necessary even though they do a great job.

Lindsey

I would rather wash my own car whenever possible as I don't like sitting in those car washes. I once had a car where the rubber around the window was gone. When I made the mistake of going through one of those car washes, the water was running inside the car around the window.