Brake Pads

03altima

It's that time again - the brake pads are squealing and pretty soon they'll have to be replaced. I've replaced them myself once before, using the least expensive brake pads that Auto Zone carried at the time. Do you think that the more expensive brake pads really last longer? How much longer do they last, in terms of mileage? Or do you think they're all the same and it's just a marketing scam?

ZoomZoom

Most of the better brakes have lifetime warranties, so when they do wear out (and all brake pads eventually wear out), they'll replace them. The more expensive pads are usually made with better materials, so your brakes will perform better and last longer.

Last edited:

03altima

Thanks for the info, ZoomZoom. I've been wondering about the quality of the more expensive brake pads versus the quality of the less expensive brake pads. Since the more expensive ones really are better quality, I think I'll spring for them next time.

Hotrod25

Go with the more expensive ones that do carry a lifetime warranty. I do think the cheap ones are cheap. I bought them for years and we were constantly replacing them.