Broken stud

FenderBender

I am not sure how this happened but I broke one of my lugnut studs! I just had my car in for a tire rotation before Christmas so it had to have happened since then. I am so irritated. Have you ever had one of the posts break? How expensive are they to fix?

Lamboguy

I hope you aren't driving with it like that because that is dangerous. I can't imagine it's cheap because aren't they connected to a whole part where the roters are? I don't know what it's called.

MaximumSpeed

Yes, I've had that happen before. I don't remember for sure how much it cost to fix it, but I think it was under $100. Generally, if only one is broken, you will be ok for a little while.

DMan

I would definitely get that taken care of right away, regardless of the cost. It's very dangerous to drive around with a broken lugnut. I was driving a car once with that problem and the wheel came off. I narrowly avoided an accident.

Hotrod25

You mean the thing that keeps the tire in place? Seriously? Are you driving without it? That is crazy! I have never had to have one replaced so I don't know the cost.

FenderBender

I have 6 others on the tire, only one is missing. I took it in today and the guy said it would be $40. I will be getting it taken care of right away. Funny thing is I just had my truck tires checked a few weeks ago because one was leaking and when I went in today the guy tried to tell me they didn't break it, it must have been broken when I brought it in. I have been going to this shop for years and I am relatively certain that they would not put a tire on with a broken post and not say something about it.