Car memories

Devoted2Dodge

I keep seeing a car commercial that involves a guy going to a high school reunion. He sees an old flame and reminisces in his head all the fun they had. You think he was thinking about her, but it was actually his old car. When he gets home his old car is in his driveway along with a new one. I think it is a Volvo. Anyway, it got me to thinking about my first car. It was a 1984 Toyota(gasp! Not a Dodge?) Corolla. That car was my baby. I loved it so much and had many adventures in it. A special thanks goes out to the drunk that totaled it! Hope you can read the sarcasm in that. So, what was your first car and do you have fond memories of it?

MaximumSpeed

My first car was a 1980 Pinto Pony. It was a five-speed. I really liked it, and it served me well despite running the oil nearly dry twice!

jason

Administrator
Staff member
My first car was a 1980 Toyota Corolla SR5 Hatchback.

Fond memories? Break pads catching on fire. Trying to fix a leaking gas tank. Muffler falling off going over speed bump, and no I was not going that fast. Having someone push the car so I could jump it. But I also remember things like having way too many people in it and trying to shift with someone sitting on the center console. Going for long drives at night and not knowing where you will end up. But it seems like every other week I was getting something fixed on it.

Devoted2Dodge

Wow, your Corrolla seems like it was trouble and fun! I had a skylight in mine. I thought I was so cool! One morning My best friend and I left her house and hit a bird. The bird rolled up the windshield and we are screaming. Right before the bird dropped in on us the wind caught it and blew it away. I had to pull over I was laughing and crying so hard. I also remember treating the car like it had four wheel drive. I went off roading, with the car packed full of friends, so many times I am surprised I did not mess the poor thing up. The worse trouble I had with my car were flat tires.

Skippy

I had a very dilapidated 1986 Pontiac 6000 that my parents gave me. the thing had a broken speedometer and the odometer quit clocking mileage at 365,000. It had 1 headlight and no rear view mirror.