Car Tint

minyoung

I have my car tinted primarily for privacy. It also keeps heat away during trips to the south. But I don't like it very dark. Halfway between transparent and opaque is perfect for me.

Do you use car tint?

Car Hop

Nope, I never have. There is a mystique that goes with a tinted car that has never appealed to me. I understand that privacy need, though.

Mario

I live in Spokane, WA and we have our fair share of cloudy days for six months of the year. I've been in cars with tinted glass, and it's such an ominous feeling in the winter!

minyoung

Thanks for replies. I do see that tinted cars are not a norm in the northern side. But in tropical areas, some people go for tinted cars to minimize heat and reduce glare.

HondaMan

I love tinted windows, but not on the drivers or front passenger door. I had fully tinted windows and at night, it was a bear to see to my sides. After a few close calls because I couldn't see, I ripped the tint off the front door windows.

minyoung

Good point HondaMan. There are various types of tints. I think you're referring to dark ones, which makes me uncomfortable as well.

There are light tints, some of which are almost completely transparent from the inside. But looking from the outside, the tint looks almost opaque. Despite that, they are still effectively blocking heat and glare from outside. This is the type of tint I like.