Check rear suspension

Hotrod25

I was shopping with my cousin over the weekend – she owns a Suburban. The vehicle has 125,000 miles on it – check engine light is on too. We kept filling the back up with gifts and the “check rear suspension” light came on. Even after we emptied the back the light came back on. Anyone seen anything like this? They are heading out to Florida in a week so hopefully it’s something small.

FiveSpeed

I can't say I've ever heard of such a thing. Perhaps it's an air-controlled suspension and there's a fault somewhere, such as an air leak. I'd get it checked out before I drove very far.

FenderBender

I have never heard of this either but if you had a lot of weight back there it could have agitated an already existing problem. I would definitely get it checked out before I drove to Florida in it because a bad suspension could leave them stranded somewhere along the way.

Guy

Oh, if my wife came home from a day of shopping with a "check rear suspension" light on, I would never let her hear the end of it.....!

SpeedyG

That was funny, Guy! I have never heard of a suspension sensor either. It could also possibly be a hydraulic leak. Might not be anything, but it is worth checking out.