Clean Car Smell

striker

My car has been vacuumed and I've used armor all in all the crevasses to get the gunk out. She still doesn't have that new car look, feel, or smell anymore. What else can I do to make her more comfortable and less yucky?

Hotrod25

I have never been able to get the "new car" smell back after the first month or so of a new car. I honestly don't know what you can do to make her "new" again. I would think if you just cleaned her and kept her that way, that is as good as it will get.

03altima

The only recommendation I can make for the new car smell is a "new car smell" scented air freshener. Aside from washing the outside of the car and vacuuming the inside of it, there's not much else you can do to get it clean. If it downright stinks, you might consider having the interior steam cleaned by professionals.

vroombaby

I have never gotten it back either. Its just like when you get a new kid or puppy, they do not have that "new" smell after a good bit of time has passed. The kids more than the puppies too.

striker

Awe, new puppy smell! I forgot about new puppy smell. :) Well, at least I know it's not just me and my car. I thought maybe I was doing something wrong! :heh:

FenderBender

I don't think that you can ever get that genuine "new car smell" back after the fact. I can only agree with Altima and recommend an air freshener with that scent.