Crack in the windshield?

MiniVanMommy

I got a tiny crack in the lower left hand side of my windshield. I just noticed it tonight. Someone told me I could put something on it now, to stop it from spreading bigger. They didn't know what to tell me to get though, what do I buy?

Craig

You need to get something like silicone windshield and glass sealer. You can get it pretty much anywhere, I'd go to AutoZone. It's not expensive, under $10 for sure. Do it soon though.

SpdBump

You need to get something like silicone windshield and glass sealer. You can get it pretty much anywhere, I'd go to AutoZone. It's not expensive, under $10 for sure. Do it soon though.

Exactly this. It's easy to do and will save you a lot in the long run. Just ask someone in the store if you can't find it. It'll be in a tube, probably hanging up.

MiniVanMommy

Thanks you guys! I'll go look for it tomorrow. Does my windshield need to be a certain temperature to put it on? I'm sure there will be instruction with it though, I hope so anyway.

DNADriver

I know that you have to keep it out of the rain for a little while, but I'm not sure about temperature. I'd imagine that too hot, and the stuff would set off far too quickly.

RoadWarrior

If you have a $100 or lower deductable on your comprehensive insurance, you can have this professionally repaired and it should cost you nothing. Check your insurance policy and then call your insurance agent.

It probably would be a more permanant repair than something you do yourself.

TBird65

Thanks you guys! I'll go look for it tomorrow. Does my windshield need to be a certain temperature to put it on? I'm sure there will be instruction with it though, I hope so anyway.
A little trick for this is to just turn on your AC or heat and switch it to the defrost selection. Then you can just leave it running until the temp is about right. You can even use one of the little thermometer strips for fish tanks, they're only like $2 at Wal-Mart.