Crash Test Ratings

Classic

I recently looked up the crash test ratings for my car. I was absolutely horrified when I saw the result and am now looking to buy a car with a better rating. Have you used the ratings when choosing a car?

roller

I've never considered those before because I thought they are not so important for I'm very careful driver. I also think that new cars have good crash ratings because they will be tested before being sold.

Racer220

Crash test ratings are not always that important in determining the safety of your car, especially if there are performance issues like the problem Toyota is now having with their cars. I am sure no one cares if those cars have perfect crash test ratings.

Fanbelt

I've never considered those before because I thought they are not so important for I'm very careful driver. I also think that new cars have good crash ratings because they will be tested before being sold.
I am also a safe driver so the car rating is not a factor I consider when looking for a new car. But you have made me think about it again.

MiniMe

Crash test ratings are not always that important in determining the safety of your car, especially if there are performance issues like the problem Toyota is now having with their cars. I am sure no one cares if those cars have perfect crash test ratings.
How can we check then if the vehicle that we are buying is in great condition and doesn't have some problems? Test drives will always have positive results because it is the company's marketing strategy to create the urge of buying that vehicle after we have driven the car.