DMV Test

striker

How many attempts did it take you to pass your driver's test? When I was 15 I got my permit on the first try (never used it though, sadly). Finally, at 20, I got my license on the first try as well.

FenderBender

I only had to take my driver's test once to pass. I got my permit, used it and got my license on the day I turned 16. I wanted the freedom a license gave me.

03altima

I passed my test on the first try as well, although I had my permit for two years before I took the driving test. We have a law here that mandates a minor have a certain number of driving hours before he or she is eligible to sit for the driver's exam, and I didn't hit that number until I'd been driving for about two years. I hated not having my driver's license the day I turned 16, but it was worth it in the end, because I only had to take the test once, unlike many of my friends, lol.

ZoomZoom

I had no trouble passing the written test to get my permit, but at 16, when I went for my driving test, I failed miserably. I did good until the very last traffic light, where I turned left in front of a car coming straight. Thankfully I missed him (he missed me), but I failed. Funny thing is, I made a career out of driving and have never had an accident (and very few tickets).

vroombaby

I took my 15 year old permit and drove, then my 16 year old permit (was in the middle of drivers ed then) and drove, once D.E. was complete I went back to get my full license and never had any issues. I have carried one in five states and interestingly enough until I moved here I never had an issue with the DMV either.