Do you always buy an American car?

Angelinus

I have never owned a foreign made car but I have no problem with it if you like a particular style or model made elsewhere. With the economy the way it is how important is it that people support their home country industry?

Gomera

I prefer to support the USA, yes, on big purchases like this one. We have to help our country, especially in difficult economic times. Besides, I like American vehicles.

HondaMan

The last traditional American car I bought was a 1977 Buick Regal. Since then, I've owned nothing but Japanese cars, mostly Honda, Toyota and Mazda. I love the reliability, dependability and gas mileage so much, I doubt if I'd ever buy another traditional American car.

Chaoticdriver

Honda is a reliable company and I have no issue buying their car if they have one that fits my need. But, at least for now, I wouldn't buy Toyota cars. :)

MustangSally

I read an interesting article about American-made and foreign-made. It seems the cars that we think of as being American-made could actually be foreign-made and visa versa. In a "global" economy, you just don't know where things are made.

minyoung

Great question. Everyone wants the best deal in exchange for his money. If that best deal happens to be made in Japan, would he let go of that deal because he wants to support the local industry? I'm torn between the two sides of this question.

Guy

For me it's not a matter of where it was made, it's an issue of whether or not the company that made it is American. I'm a firm believer in keeping American money with American companies.

FiveSpeed

I made myself a promise a long time ago. I swore that I would never, EVER buy another American car. I've owned both, and I've had three times as much trouble from American cars as I've had from Asian cars. I agree with HondaMan, it's nothing but Honda's and Mazda's for me.