Do you really like driving?

Brent

Do you really like driving? I mean, when it comes to commuting and traveling, would you still choose to drive if you found a better alternative to driving?

jason

Administrator
Staff member
Depends on traffic. I love to drive on back roads with little or no traffic. Its going into the populated areas/cities that drive me crazy.

TopGear

Yes, I really like driving. I didn't, for a very long time, because I was so nervous about certain situations. Now however, I've got a grip on my fears and I really enjoy it.

DNADriver

I really resent the traffic. It's unfortunate but I live in the city and I commute daily through city conditions. It's a nightmare sometimes, and if I have to hit the beltway, I could cry.

MaximumSpeed

I enjoy driving (though I do little these days, with two teenage drivers), but I think I would equally enjoy other forms of transportation. The one time I got to try out the subway in NYC, I really enjoyed that, too.

Craig

I actually do enjoy driving a lot, as long as there is no traffic and gas costs aren't a factor. I think a lot while driving, so it's calming.

vroombaby

For it it really depends, it seems the older I get the more I hate to drive in nasty weather. Years ago it never bothered me but now it does. I guess its something that comes with age for some.

Donald

Heavy traffic and bad weather are annoying, but I still prefer driving over anything else, especially public transportation. That's probably because I had to take the bus and local train for much of my young adult life. It's fine once in a while, but I got sick of the lack of privacy. You never know when you'll have to deal with some crazy or rude person. I'll happily sit in traffic and listen to my own music or talk radio these days, it's just preferable to me. :smile:

Last edited:

Jon

I don't care much for driving, simply because driving has been the way I've earned my living for so long. If I suddenly became "well off," I'd hire someone to drive me. But I wouldn't take public transportation if I could help it.