Do you speed?

Sadie

I am not much of a speeder. Not that I've driven much in my life but I don't understand why people speed. It's not like it's really going to get anywhere faster. I can't wait to get some more driving in!

MiniVanMommy

Nope, not really. I usually set my cruise control if it's an open road. If I don't I tend to go faster than I should. That way I know I'm good and won't get caught up going 10+mph too fast.

SpdBump

No can't say that I do. I used to be an EMT and seeing what can happen on the roads makes you take things a little more seriously. It doesn't get you anywhere that much faster, it's just not worth the possibilities.

Craig

Sometimes, but it's never excess or enough to get pulled over for. I'm staying under 10mph over the speed limit usually. I don't it doesn't get me anywhere quicker, I just can't stand going slow and having people race past me.

TBird65

Nope, not really. I usually set my cruise control if it's an open road. If I don't I tend to go faster than I should. That way I know I'm good and won't get caught up going 10+mph too fast.
I second that! I have gotten one or two tickets in my day for speeding, but they were when I was using my wifes car....no cruise control.... Using cruise too much can really mess you up when you don't have it. :shocked:

vroombaby

Not since I got the first and only speeding ticket (good motivation to follow the speed laws). It was a nasty fine and while I fully understand why its done, it is sometimes hard to deal with. Stay with the flow of traffic right?

Adam12

I have, although I try not to make a habit of it. I got a ticket last year for going 60 in a 40 (Yikes!). I hadn't meant to speed, I honestly thought the speed limit on that road was 55. Since then, though, I've been extra careful not to speed.

Brent

No, I don't get into speeding either. I am a defensive driver and I normally drive within the speed limit. But I would have no issue speeding if I had to.

CharlieBrown

If by speeding, you mean driving not even one MPH over the speed limit, then yes, I speed. I tend to drive about ten MPH over the limit. Although I have receive two speeding tickets in my lifetime, I know most cops are looking for people going 15, 20, 30 MPH over the limit. That's why I don't have a problem with going ten over.