Do You Trust Rest Areas

Car Hop

When you are on the road for an extended trip, do you ever stop at designated rest areas? Do you trust these spots when you're alone or with your family?

Bridey

If you mean regular stops, equipped with diners or service stations then I have no issues stopping at them. I would be less inclined to bother if it was just a restroom standing alone.

MustangSally

I seldom stop at the ones that are like parks along the interstates. I travel alone a lot and they just don't seem very safe to me. I'm sure they are and it's just me, but they are places where undesirables could hang out waiting for a victim. I stop at truck stops, towns and places where there are plenty of people instead.

Byker

Rest areas don't bother me, but I do look around while I'm pulling in to spot anything that might be suspicious. I usually stop at restaurants to get some food.

Marvin

I have never hesitated to stop at a rest stop, and I have never encountered a problem or heard of anyone else ever encountering a problem.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I've never had a problem at rest areas. Usually the problem comes from gas stations at the exits.

MyMotor

I frequently use them when they are open and public. I wouldn't use one that is secluded, but if there are other people around I don't worry too much.