Dodge and Fiat!

jumpinjacks

Did you guys know that Dodge is going to be making a Fiat? Apparently they are working on a deal right now. The car will be made by Dodge here in the U.S.A.

Donald

That's pretty interesting, I wonder how a Fiat would be received in the United States. When I visited Italy I saw a lot of Fiats, they seemed popular over there. They looked nice, but they were pretty small. If they make them that small here, I don't think they will sell very well.

FiveSpeed

I did not know they were made by Dodge. I thought Mercedes had most of the input on these. I have seen them, both at the car show a few weeks back, and I see them at a stand-alone dealer in town. They're cute little cars, but not knowing a lot about Fiat, I'd probably stick with something more along the lines of, say, a Scion or a Honda.

SpeedyG

I used to have a 75' Fiat Spider. It was a fun little car, but required a lot of work as I remember. They seem like more of a novelty car to me.

DMan

I too had a Fiat Spider back in the day. It was a fun car to drive with the top down, but it was definitely not very reliable and taking it to the dealership was always good for a big bill. Hope the next generation of Fiats are more suited to North American driving conditions.