Door dings

Lamboguy

Don't you just love people who swing their doors open when parked next to your car and they dent your door or scratch paint off? Where is the respect for other people's property? I'm just ranting because I found a new mark in my door today. :mmph:

Gomera

I know exactly what you mean. I have to admit, though, that I am pretty calm about it these days. Dings are just a part of a car's existence. You just can't keep it from happening.

HondaMan

Speaking of which, I had just returned from Walmart today and was sitting in my car, looking through my stuff, when the guy next to me (had to be 500 pounds) just flung his door open and smacked mine, leaving his paint on my door. I started to argue, but he was much bigger than I, so I left it alone (and put a nasty note on his car after he'd gone inside).

People need to pay attention to what they're doing!

bjstorm

That is exactly why I refuse to park in tight spots. If I have my choice, I park at the back of a lot away from other vehicles.

FenderBender

I noticed a new paint scratch on mine today and I was a little irritated by it. I don't know why people don't take more care when they are getting in and out of their vehicles. I try to park farther away if I can too, just to avoid this, but I am not as paranoid about it as I was when the car new.

Aces

This is such a pet peeve of mine. People do it all the time. I remember when I bought my current car. I went to the grocery store on the very first afternoon. A woman let go of her cart, and it ran right into my door. The scratch is still there. Oh, I was angry, and I don't ever lose my temper.