Driving music

FenderBender

What is your favorite music to listen to in the car? I usually like to listen to loud, up beat pop music especially on long car trips. I also get caught dancing in my seat quite often. :smile:

Lamboguy

I like a lot of music, but I tend to favor 90's rock and alternative when I'm driving. That's what most of the cds in the car are. I will listen to some country and salsa on the radio too.

vroombaby

I will listen to just about anyhting but when we have the kids in the car if I am driving and a certain song comes on I do not want them hearing I quickly reach for the remote. Our dash sits a tad back to fool with when driving so the remote comes in handy. Oh and on road trips its always Zoso & Pink Floyd. :)

PEZluvr

Classical. I have satellite radio and there is one classical station that I really like. It's soothing and beautiful. I've never understood why anyone would dislike classical music!

Lamboguy

I will listen to just about anyhting but when we have the kids in the car if I am driving and a certain song comes on I do not want them hearing I quickly reach for the remote. Our dash sits a tad back to fool with when driving so the remote comes in handy. Oh and on road trips its always Zoso & Pink Floyd. :)
I must be behind the times, but they have remote controls for regular car stereo's or is it something like satellite radio? That sounds really convenient. I loved when my radio controls were on my steering wheel.

Bentley

I enjoy listening to music while driving. Depends on my mood what I end up listening to. During Christmas, it's always Christmas music. Most times it's either country music on the radio or my own iPod.

FenderBender

Classical. I have satellite radio and there is one classical station that I really like. It's soothing and beautiful. I've never understood why anyone would dislike classical music!
I love classical music myself but it tends to lull me into sleepiness so I can't listen to it while I am driving.

There are remotes for certain stereos, not usually the factory ones though. I would love to have one.

Alexus

Anything by Queens Of the Stone Age is good driving music. There is a lot of action in it, so it fits to fun, fast driving!

DMan

It depends on the time of day or night. If there's a lot of traffic, I prefer something calming, but if I'm scooting along the highway or need to stay awake, it's rock and roll all the way.

Lindsey

It's definitely country music all the way. But I don't like the real old twangy stuff, so maybe what I like is more country rock. Whatever you want to call it, I love the fact that country music tells a story.

MaximumSpeed

I prefer upbeat things, but I don't care much for rock and roll. I usually listen to Southern Gospel or some of the less rocky contemporary Christian music.

cruising

Golden oldies

I listen to the music I grew up on, 60s music, 50s music and country. I love it all. There's nothing like popping an old cassette tape or CD into the music player and turning it up. I dance and sing down the highway.