Electric car plugs

coup

I have a question about electric cars. Say you have an electric car and you plug it in. How do you keep pesky neighborhood kids and fiends from unplugging it?

daddysmonkey

If you have a garage, it'd be smart to have the plug in the garage and have the garage closed, I guess. If not, perhaps a lock box you can put over the plug with a space to let the cord run under?

Chevy_Lover

I agree with daddysmonkey. The plugging should definitely be done in the garage. My concern is more in line with are there going to be plug available along the way when we have to make long trips and how much is it going to cost to recharge the batteries.?

Alexus

Have floodlights in your yard that will light up whenever anyone steps foot in your yard! That should deter them from wanting to mess with it!

General

I'm sure that the fast thinkers of tomorrow will come up with ways to stop these types of problems. Back when cars first used gas, people were out there siphoning off their neighbors gas. Gas pumps didn't exist, etc. Think of the improvements that have come in the last 100 years.

coup

I do not have a garage. I do not even have a drive way, so unless they come up with something good I doubt I will be able to get one of these cars. I really want one, just would have to run the line down the sidewalk to the road. I just know some wise guy would unplug me.

dartmobile

Similar to an ever expanding number of people, I live in a condo with an underground garage. I see in the future, each parking spot, will have its own recharger plug. Things will, be different; but it will take legislation to get it to really explode. Look at the recycling movement, and how long it floundered, yet now it is the accepted norm!