Flush TV mount

FenderBender

We bought a new TV a few weeks back and have purchased a new wall mount that will basically make it look like a picture hanging from the wall. The old mount we had was really bulky and the TV was sticking out almost 6 inches to a foot away from the wall. Does anyone else have one of these flush wall mounts? Are they safe?

striker

I've seen the wall mounts before and they look safe. I've never trusted a wall mount to hold something as expensive and useful as a T.V. though.

FenderBender

We put it up last week and so far so good. I am trying not to think about the fact that all that is holding our really expensive TV up is a couple of pulleys and a wire. I think I am still waiting for it to fall though.

vroombaby

I have never used one before but since we are re-doing parts of our house, a new TV for the bedroom is something on the to get list along with a nice mount. What brands have you checked out so far?

Vroom Vroom

I think as long as the mounting brackets are designed to hold the weight of the television, you should be fine. I would like to have a telelvision above the mantel on the fireplace, but haven't figured out how I would do that and keep the wires hid.

FenderBender

Vroom, there is a wall insert that allows you to plug everything in and hide the wires inside the wall. We looked into it, but I am not sure how complicated it is. It seems like it isn't any harder than installing a regular outlet.