Gas Prices!!!

HondaMan

I cannot believe these gas prices!! It seems that everyday, they go up a few cents. I can't just quit driving, because driving is my job. But my pay isn't going up nowhere near as quickly as gas prices are, so I'm losing money everyday.

How have the ever-increasing gas prices affected you?

Bentley

I heard a rumor that by memorial day the gases prices will be at or near $5 a gallon. I sure hope that doesn't happen! The prices are really just going through the roof, and no one is catching a break.

vroombaby

We have been paying more attention to when and where we shop, if we can organize what we need to do each time we are running errand it helps us to use the gas in the car in a smart way. I would much rather take the extra time to plan than drive around in circles.

Hotrod25

Yes they have affected me - my wallet too. I can't believe how high they keep going. Right now we are at $3.83 per gallon! I'm sure it will be above $4 in the next week.

JohnBoy

As long as we're at the mercy of OPEC, gas prices will continue to be wherever the OPEC countries want us to be. Our gas is still cheap in relation to European countries, even at $5.00 per gallon.

Naptime

I wish they would hurry up and make alternative fuels feasible for the majority. I cannot get an electric car that only goes 60 miles before needing a charge because I can drive more than that in a few hours at work, not too mention they are all too small.

bjstorm

This could really damage our economy. When people start being concerned about how much it costs to get somewhere you can bet that they start rethinking other spending as well.

Gomera

I am driving less and less as the prices go up. At probably the lowest place in town, it was 4.01 today. Yesterday it was 3.95 and the day before it was 3.85. That's a big jump and apparently it is only going to go up.

Lamboguy

I'm sure something will happen and prices will come down soon. At least, I think it should happen. I just paid 3.84 a gallon to fill mine up yesterday. I'd like to move closer to work, but I just can't afford that now.

Gomera

We are up to an average above 4.30 in the region. Two days ago I went out and it was 4.15 at the cheapest of the stations and as high as 4.44. Every day it seems to jump up several cents.

Naptime

Where I live two weeks ago it was $3.20. Two days later it jumped all the way to $3.50. Now it is $3.99. I am not looking forward to when it jumps over $4 this summer.

HondaMan

As long as we're at the mercy of OPEC, gas prices will continue to be wherever the OPEC countries want us to be. Our gas is still cheap in relation to European countries, even at $5.00 per gallon.

It's not only OPEC that we're at the mercy of. Our president has made it clear that he will do nothing, nothing at all about the rising gas prices. He wants to go totally green, with electric cars. Well, that's all fine and dandy, but we need help NOW! Electric cars (better electric cars than we have now) will take years to get here.

So, we're also at the Mercy of Obama.

Gomera

The problem is that for decades, whoever was in office has ignored the situation. This is not the problem of one man, but many men over the years. Tough as it may be, the line has to be drawn. Oil is not the way to go.

Lamboguy

We're about to hit the 4 dollar mark here where I live in South Florida. It is really getting to be a pain right now. I drive 25 miles a day with work alone so I'm feeling the hit on my wallet. I'm hoping for a price reduction soon.

Gomera

It makes me glad I am not commuting. I really limit my driving these days. Gas here as leveled out a tad. It only went up a penny over the last few days at my favorite station.

FenderBender

I filled up at $3.75 the other day and I felt pretty lucky since later that day everywhere went up to $3.99. It has gone back down to $3.86 but I know we will be going up again soon enough. It is the new summer routine isn't it?

03altima

I don't know where to even begin where gas prices are concerned! Someone mentioned before me that they'd heard a rumor that gas will hit $5/gal by Memorial Day. I've heard it will be at least that, but could hit as high as $7/gal, by the end of summer. :~( What really sucks is that there's nothing we can do about it. Additionally, if (or rather, when) gas prices soar that high, the price of everything else will rise, too. If gasoline is $5/gal, diesel will be $6-7/gal, which means the cost of everything that is transported by 18-wheeler (like FOOD) will increase in price, too. Remember the last time gas prices soared and what that did to the price of milk?! Well here we go again. But as the price of everything rises, our paychecks stay the same, making it increasingly harder and harder just to survive, let alone prosper. I really don't know how our economy is going to survive this when the price of one gallon of gas is about to exceed the hourly minimum wage!!

FenderBender

I really don't know how our economy is going to survive this when the price of one gallon of gas is about to exceed the hourly minimum wage!!
Altima, I could not have put it better myself.

The problem is that for decades, whoever was in office has ignored the situation. This is not the problem of one man, but many men over the years. Tough as it may be, the line has to be drawn. Oil is not the way to go.
Gomera, you are right, as much as we would like to blame all the problems with the economy and oil prices on our current President, most of these problems have been in the making for decades. We have had the technology to build electric cars for over 30 years and where have the automotive companies gone with it? Absolutely nowhere because there has been no incentive for them to do so. They could have had the perfect electric cars out by now but instead it will most likely be another 30 years before we see a decent one.

Corinne

Oil inventories

With oil inventories being down and prices being controlled by middle Eastern countries, we're going to continue to experience gas prices far beyond what we have been used to. I'm doing less driving than I used to do, and the home in the country is out of my plans.

striker

Summer is not going to be my friend this year. We're already at nearly $70 to fill the tank and it get used so quickly. I remember this happened with gas prices back in 2008, too.