Gas Pump Rip-Off

bjstorm

I was reading about a new scam that is happening. It seems that some stations have figured out a way to charge more per gallon than shows up on the pump. It's recommended that you match up the number of gallons with how much you're being charged. If you do it at the ten gallon mark, you can see if the gallons pumped match up to how much is being charged.

Skippy

Wow, that is crazy but it doesn't surprise me. The gas stations and oil companies are always going to find a way to gouge us. I hope they all get caught and face the music.

RoadWarrior

BJ, that kind of news doesn't surprise me. Business owners are always looking for ways to make more profit (even though gasoline is one of the least profitable items in a gas station). I always do this: I keep a calculator in the car and, when I stop to get gas, I figure out how many gallons I need instead of how many dollars worth. I know my car holds about ten gallons, so if it's near empty and I see that gas at this station is $3.49.9 ($3.50) per gallon, I add 3.50 times 10 and buy $35.00 worth of gas. After I've pumped my gas, I look at the gallons display on the pump and it should be at 10 gallons.

If not, we have a problem.

Rodney

This is really sad that we have to worry about this. Is anybody cracking down on these scammers? I hope they all get caught and face prosecution.

Naptime

I never thought I would have to double check my gas receipt for goodness sakes. This is terrible I sure hope someone is investigating this and that all of these scammers get caught.