Germs and pumping gas

Retread

I was just reading an article where testing shows the number one dirtiest place for people and touching everyday objects was the gas pump handle. I pump gas all the time and then go right back to eating. I'm going to change my ways and at least keep a hand sanitizer in the car and use it.

Hotrod25

Yuk! That is one thing I never really thought about! Gross... I'm always touching my face , eating, blowing my nose or something after pumping gas. I never thought about the germs!

Skippy

I think they change their minds every few years because I remember when it was water fountains and I also remember them saying phones were the biggest germ holders. I always use sanitizer all the time though so I don't really worry about it.

RoadWarrior

I read the same thing about two years ago, so every since then, I've started wearing a pair of gloves when I pump gas. I wash the gloves when I wash my "junk rags," so they're always nice and clean. I still use hand sanitizer after I pump the gas and take my gloves off.

sandis

That is why I keep a bottle of hand sanitizer in the car with me, always. It is also great for road trips when you have to stop at random places to run in and get a snack from a "not so great" store.

bjstorm

I find that hard to believe when you think about all the places that might be worse. The only reason I can think it might be true is that no one ever wipes off the pump handle. Anyway, like others have said, I keep the sanitizer handy if I don't have on gloves.