Getting sand out of carpet!

KC23

I know you would think vacuuming would be the easy solution but it's not coming out! How the heck do you get tiny little sand particles out of your car's carpets?

Vroooom_1972

Wow, I never really thought about that. I would have think that vacuuming is the answer. If you have mats, you can just take them out and beat them. However, the carpet is a different story. i have seen some people sweep their rugs with a broom.

Leslie

Vacuuming would only work if it's really really strong suction, because sand is basically tiny rocks. you might be able to do it with a commercial vacuum at a car wash.

Craig

I agree you need a better vacuum and a lot of patience (and quarters!). It takes a lot of time, and going over the same spot multiple times, it's really a pain.

coup

Oh man, we JUST ran in to this problem. The solution is duck tape! We took duck tape and wrapped it loosely around our hands with the sticky side out and just used that to pick up the sand.

Wini

I wish I knew! I have tried to vacuum and even sweep out my car. I went to Coachella in April and it resulted in sand and dirt getting all over my carpet. I still can't get it out!

jumpinjacks

I tried the duck tape thing, but then changed over to heavy masking tape. The masking tape worked great and did not leave any gooey stuff on the carpet. Thanks for the idea.

Last edited: