How do you choose a car?

minyoung

There are those who choose a car for their looks. Others for their fuel economy. Some for the size. Still others for their functionality. Of course, it's always a combination.

Fuel economy for me is #1. I'm cost conscious at this point in my life. Next is functionality. I'm looking for something that can accommodate a family.

How about you? Why?

Byker

I choose a car mainly for the fuel economy and price. I don't make a lot of money, so I buy used cars to allow for my expensive motorcycle habit.

HondaMan

As you can see from my user name, I'm partial to the Honda name plate. I've always owned Honda's. They're fuel efficient, reliable, easy to work on and run forever with proper maintenance. I don't think I'd consider buying anything else but a Honda.

Angelinus

So long as the car is not a gas guzzler then I have to admit I go for style over economy. Being single and having a leaning towards the classic look I probably make less practical choices than some people!

Gomera

I'm looking for comfort first and foremost. I want to be in a car that I am completely at ease in. Then I want to ensure that it is safe. I research that. From there, it's on to the accessories, so to speak.

minyoung

Thanks for your replies, guys! Hondaman, I*have own a Honda before. Honda engines are great. Driving comfort is also superior. No wonder why Honda has risen so fast.

Fanbelt

Well I am not an exception. I choose a car for the fuel economy and safety as well. Then comes performance and functionality. The look and style will be the last things to consider.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
First I figure out what I want the vehicle for. Then I look at price. Then I look at features, MPG, safety, comfort and other things. No since looking at a Mercedes on a Kia budget.

minyoung

First I figure out what I want the vehicle for. Then I look at price. Then I look at features, MPG, safety, comfort and other things. No since looking at a Mercedes on a Kia budget.
I'm reminded of one conversation I had with a rich guy inside his luxury car while on the way to a meeting. He was using a sedan with a 3.0-liter engine.

I asked him how much gasoline his car was using per mile. I think my response was out of place when I said, "Wow, that's a lot!" He gently told me with a smile, "When you start buying cars like this, you don't think about gasoline. You think about style."

Whew! I dream of one day buying a car because of style :)