How old?

Chevy_Lover

Do all states require a license to ride a motorcycle? How old do a person have to be in order to get a license? My nephew is dying to get a motorcycle and I keep telling him that he is too young. I am just scare for him. I think that riding a bike is a lot more dangerous than a car especially for a youngster.

vroombaby

As far as I know, yes. Then again I have known idiots who avoided getting any type of license and gotten into trouble for it. I say better safe than sorry!

DrivesMeCrazy

Yep, all states require license for a motorcycle. However, there is a smaller motorized bike (moped style) that doesn't require a license. You might not want to tell him that, though!

Auto_Clueless

I agree with DrivesMeCrazy you shouldn't tell him about the one that doesn't require a license. It is better that he learns the rules and regulations. You should look to see if they have a driving school in your area that offers motorcycle lessons.

CharlieBrown

I'm pretty sure you have to be the same age to get a motorcycle license as you have to be to get a regular driver license. I don't think you can be any younger than 16 to get either.