How to find a buyer for a vintage car

philio

We have a vintage Dodge Dart from the 60s. It is in good running condition and has a very good body. It has been taken care of and owned by a string of elderly people who have not driven. The owner is 82 now and want us to sell it for her. How do I go about finding a buyer for a car like this?

Ticking

Look on the internet for classic car auctions. That will get your foot in the door within that circle of collectors. Who knows, you might get lucky and the auction that you contact might want to buy it.

sandis

The net would be the best bet but do your research first and make sure you know what you should be asking for it and that the buyer is legit. I have heard 2 things this week both with items online being sold even with insurance and the buyer refusing to admit the shipment actually got to them. Maybe use Escrow?

redwing

Shipment

If you are selling a car I would personally take it to the buyer and have yourself and them sign the sales agreement and notarize it. Then they can not argue that.

Auctions are good, does anyone know which ones he should contact?

coup

How about eBay?

I do not really know much about listing cars on eBay but what about selling it there. If you made sure there was proof of delivery you would be safe. Would a car like this sell well on eBay?

Ottoman

Down here in the south, there are vintage car clubs all over the place. I don't know where you live, but I'd bet there are some there too.

One of the best auto auctions in the US is the vintage auto auctions in Auburn, IN. They just sold (was Dean Cruse) and I think they are now called Auction America if I am not mistaken. If you google the Auburn, IN name, you can get that information.

Unfortunately, the labor day auction is the best and that is over for this year. They just sold a Duesenberg yesterday that sold for a million dollars. However, they sell all ages and models during their auctions. That company however has other auctions in the US and could guide you on where you could sell it.

philio

It is to bad I missed that but I do appreciate the information. This defiantly gives me some leads to start looking in to. Thanks for all the advice. I still have the car so if anyone else thinks of anything let me know.