If there is so much road construction...

FenderBender

All summer long we half to deal with road construction on pretty much every major thoroughfare in my state. What I am wondering is if they are supposedly fixing the roads why do they still suck so bad?

Lamboguy

I wonder the same thing where I'm from. I swear some of the same construction on the same parts of the roads has been going on for 2 years or so. I have no clue what they are doing. Tax payer money for good use I guess.

Leslie

Sometimes I think they just do "busywork"... act like they're fixing roads when really they're just killing time and using up budget money (so they can get the same amount next year).

NeedNewWheels

I think it's because they are fixing the wrong roads. They fixed the roads in my 10-year-old neighborhood that were just fine and ignored the busy road outside the neighborhood that had pot holes and chunks missing.

Devoted2Dodge

Where I live, the people who are suppose to "fix" roads, ignore the ones that desperately need to be fixed. The road my sister lives on is horrible! The potholes are huge, and span the entire length of the road. I drove down my sisters road the other day, and came upon workers throwing "filler" into the potholes. The workers did not even pack it down or anything. I don't know why the workers even bothered filling in the holes that way. When a car drives over the filled pothole the "filler" gets blown out, leaving the road with a pothole again.

MaximumSpeed

It seems like it's that way everywhere. It seems like there ought to be a way for citizens to nominate roads to be redone, and if enough nominations come in for a particular road, they add it to their current to-do list.

NeedNewWheels

It seems like it's that way everywhere. It seems like there ought to be a way for citizens to nominate roads to be redone, and if enough nominations come in for a particular road, they add it to their current to-do list.
I could go for that. I would love to see something like that. I feel there are roads I would like to report but nothing would be done about them right now.

MotorX

Yeah, seriously. And you people think the holes are bad in a car! I have to really watch on some roads to keep from flipping my bike because of the huge potholes.

Hotrod25

Great question! It seems like they are fixing the roads all the time in my area yet they still have and potholes and just stink. Taxpayer money gone wrong! I'm sick of getting stuck in the road construction traffic.

FenderBender

We have had one road that they have been working on that is a business loop of the expressway for the last 4 summers! It makes it really difficult to get around because it is the easiest on and off from my neighborhood to the expressway and they have it completely closed down. It is nuts I tell you.