Just wanting to help?

Fanbelt

Have you ever bought a car from your friend just because he needed immediate cash and you wanted to help him with the problem? Do you think the purchase was worth it?

Brent

It sounds like it's an odd reason for buying a car, but I can understand why sometimes you feel you have to do it. I have never been in such a situation though.

Vroooom_1972

I actually got a good Nova like 15 years ago from a friend that was moving to Florida and didn't want to take the car with him. I paid $1,200, and it lasted me a good 3 years. It was an older model but it worked fine. I think it was a good investment.

Dodge Doll

We've done better than that....

We had a pal that was in desperate need of wheels, and I had an old Dodge sitting out back... it ran well, but I had newer, more gas economical wheels for my use.

We sold Dude the car, legally, for a buck.

coup

I have never bought a car for that reason. I would be worried that the friend would change his mind later and it could cause a problem in our friendship.

Wini

I haven't done exactly that but I've been in kind of a similar situation. My boyfriend needed a car desperately when he moved down here so my dad sold him one of his old cars for $1, sort of like Dodge Doll's situation.