Keyless ignition

PEZluvr

Do you have a car where you can turn it on from inside your house with a button? I have heard of them but don't have one. I think it would be nice to be able to adjust the temperature of the interior of the car before I even go outside!

Alexus

I don't have one, but a friend of mine does. I've been wanting one, because it's awfully nice to walk from warm house to warm car.

FenderBender

I would love to have one because trudging out in the below zero temps at 530 am to start my car is not my favorite thing to do.

DMan

I had one in my leased truck. It was great to be able to warm up the truck before going outside. I wanted to get an aftermarket one installed on my wife's car, but the installation was going to be twice as much as the remote starter, so we didn't do it.

Lamboguy

I've never had one and I'm not sure I'd like it in my area. I'd be too worried about someone stealing my car. I have had keyless entry though. That is something I miss a lot and hope to have again one day soon.

Lindsey

No one can steal your car with a remote starter. If someone tries to drive off without the key in the ignition, the car just stalls out. I know because I was concerned about this too.

Alexus

I don't think they can get into your car, because it will still be locked from the outside. The remote only starts the car. You still have to open it yourself.

MaximumSpeed

I like the idea, but at the same time, there are a lot of things about newer cars that I don't care for, and I'm not sure the remote ignition would make up for those.

Lamboguy

No one can steal your car with a remote starter. If someone tries to drive off without the key in the ignition, the car just stalls out. I know because I was concerned about this too.
But how would the key be in the ingnition if you are remote starting it from inside the house? You leave the key inside the car?

Alexus, you know it's very easy to break a window and get in a car. A simple rock will do.

PEZluvr

What I read about it, Lamboguy, said that you can't get it out of park without the key in it. You can start it remotely, but you can't "run" it remotely, if you know what I mean.

vroombaby

I have been thinking about getting a starter for it but the problem is the expense. I want to make sure the car I use it on I plan to keep for a long while, unless they are interchangeable. Are they?

Tiger21

I had it on my last vehicle I leased a couple years ago. As much as I loved the keyless ignition, I had no trouble adjusting back to the old ways.

Skippy

I want remote start really bad. Maybe I can get it for my birthday this year. It isn't that expensive I think most cars can be fitted for under $200.

Retread

I've always wanted a remote starting ignition, but I've never checked into getting one. Maybe this is something I could finally reward myself for because I've waited so many years to actually get one. I used to dream of this feature.

Rodney

I wanted a keyless ignition when I lived in the northeast so I could warm the car in the winter. Now that I'm in the south, I haven't thought about it very much.