land survey

vroombaby

We just got the results in and I love how they squared off everyone's yard, nothing is square about it at all. We have more land on the side we thought we would have less on. Talk about whacky, at least the fence can go up now.

Naptime

We had to have one of these done awhile back because our neighbor, who is well into her 80's swore we put our fence up on her property. Turns out she was wrong and her tree was on ours.

harleydoll

Does this mean the tree is yours now? The city should just come in and build fences on the land markers. This is also something that should be checked before anyone takes over the property.

FenderBender

I have never really understood how they determine which land is whose when it comes to land surveys. I mean some of the borders are entirely wacky. I remember when we looked at buying a house but it had an easement on it almost an acre wide for the neighbor to get his tractor to his field!

vroombaby

I kid you folks not, they somehow were on the "funny cigs" when they marked this land out years ago. One side of our house is almost a perfect line, you get 3/4 of the way into the backyard and it takes a huge 1.5 foot dip inward to the yard and then comes back out again. How is that even possible?