Leaving cars unlocked

Sadie

I think people are crazy. There are so many people I know that never lock their car doors. I keep hearing that there's an increase in cars being broken into or stolen, so why would they do this? Do you always lock your doors? I sure do!

MaximumSpeed

We usually lock the cars, but I have a relative who not only never locks the car, they also leave their keys in it most of the time! I can't figure out how they've never had any problems!

Auto_Clueless

MaximumSpeed, this is unbelievable. If you left the keys in the car in my neighborhood, you would be without a car in under 20 seconds flat. There was a lady that took her kid to school left the engine running to go open the door, and before she got back in the car was gone. Nobody even blink an eye.

SpdBump

I have never left my car unlocked. I have too much stuff in there that could be messed with. It's just a natural reaction to hit "lock" on my way out of the car.

MiniVanMommy

Sometimes I do forget, but I try to make it a habit to lock it down. I usually park in the garage so I'm not too worried about break-ins there. I never forget to lock it when I'm in public.

Eugene

We live out in the country, so we never lock our vehicles. Someone would really have to come out of their way to get to our place, so it's not an issue.