Loft atop

cleartan

How many believe that a loft is a good thing inside a garage? To me I just do not get it. Yes I could see racks to hold stuff, but not an actually loft. Wouldn't that belong in a barn or something?

07Silverado

I had some boards running across the ceiling of my old garage. They were perfect for me to store my ladders on when they weren't at a job. The extra storage space is well worth it in a one car garage.

cleartan

I have something similar to that but its in an attic semi-crawl space that we use for all sorts of clutter that we need to clear out. Maybe those with a loft enjoy sitting inside talking about their cars sipping a beer?

SpdBump

I think it would be really useful. Christmas boxes immediately came to mind, since those are taking up 1/4 of my garage now. If you ever finished the garage you could also make an awesome tool room or work area up there.

MiniVanMommy

We had a walk up loft in our old house. We mainly did use it for storage, but I also had a treadmill and elliptical out there. The plan was to one day make the whole thing a workout area, we just moved before it happened.

Always2gether

I think it's great for storage but to actually sleep in it would really freak me out. There are always way too many spiders in my garage for me to go anywhere near it without a very good reason:shocked:

Craig

Oh no way would I be sleeping in one, but I think it would really come in handy for some other things. I've never seen one in person, is it usually built with the house, or something you add yourself?

cleartan

I do not really know many people that have slept in any, you all must known some crazy folks. Maybe some people were thinking of a loft for more of a hang out spot not a sleep spot.

MaximumSpeed

I think a loft would be a great idea; but I'd really prefer a second floor with an apartment, if I had my druthers. Of course, it's all moot for me at the moment, as I don't even have a garage.

cleartan

I could see a loft being better used in a home rather than a garage. At least in the home it would actually make a second sleeping area if needed. What would you expect from company to sleep outside in the garage? :)

MyMotor

I worked in a place with a garage for the buses that the company ran. There was a huge loft there-more than a storey high, and nicely kitted out. It was intended to be an office when first the barn was converted into a garage, but ended up being like an archive, and the boss's personal hide out spot that he went to when he wanted to avoid doing any actual work.