Midlife crisis car (or truck)

vroombaby

What would anyone here get? We joke bunches in our house that one day we will both get our own MLCC's but so far nothing yet. I guess the times are not that crazy just yet, oh and that whole recession has kind of pushed us back too. :heh:

Dodge Doll

My dream car is a land-yacht: a 69 Cougar RX7 rag top BOSS (WINDSOR), from the first manufacturing 1/4: there was a factory flaw in the leather steering wheel. It'd have to have posi and a shift-kit....

Craig

I think I have too many to pick just one. If price wasn't an option I would get a Candy Apple Red Shelby Mustang. I think that's a pretty good MLCC.

Leslie

I want a Jeep! One of those little ones, with the soft sides that can be removed and preferably a manual transmission. I have always liked Jeeps!

vroombaby

I think if money was not an option we would have a large collection, one for each mood type and then maybe a few extra too. We would need an old beater too since at some point the kids will start learning to drive too.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I'm hoping my truck lasts as long as I do. Although I doubt it. But it should last through that part of my life. But getting a karmann ghia to fix up would be fun.

Lizzie

We are so much in debt right now that I can't even spend money in my dreams. However, I would like to drive a classic car although I can't make up my mind about which one. I wish I had access to Jay Leno's garage.

Donald

Leslie's Jeep idea sounds pretty good. My wife and I have talked about getting a Jeep someday, since we've never had one and they look fun. Beyond that, a nice sporty convertible sounds like a good MLCC to me. That might be the stereotypical choice, but I could still see myself going in that direction.

Fanbelt

I would love to get a Jeep also (maybe a Landrover). A Jeep is powerful and sounds accordingly, and it needs only minor maintenance (isn't it?). But I wonder what the wife thinks about it.

Dodge Doll

O man, I totally blew it...

I didn't mention the Ford GT40.... and I'd own one of them in a heartbeat. I saw one the other day, totally restored to factory, and I admit that my jaw dropped: that is one damned sexy machine.

vroombaby

I think its funny some of the stuff we thought when we were younger that we would "never drive" we each probably have one in the driveway right now. I can not wait until my crisis, I have a feeling its going to be a fun one!