Moped Scooters

Carl55

Do people really use moped scooters still in America? I remember these used to be super popular, but I haven't seen them in a while. Where I live they are really not all that practical. Can you even legally drive these on the rode or do you need to be in the bike lane?

Auto_Clueless

I haven't seen an increase of them in my area. However, my cousin living in Puerto Rico says that they are the "in" thing right now and every body is getting one. Over there they use it on the road. I have enough problems with motorcycles in the summer, and I don't need this to be aggravated by mopeds.

DrivesMeCrazy

I don't see many of these anymore. There are motorcycles that are "small" (250cc) that seem to have taken their place. Probably better, since they are more visible.

TopGear

I haven't seen them, but I always used to think that they were cute. I debated getting one when I was younger, but I have to admit, I like the safety of a car.

Moped scooters are cool option, but now they are not frequent, i also want one for my brother, they give you stress free drive.

Last edited:

cleartan

I see no real point in this, its more like a hazard if anything. I am sure there is a difference between using a little scooter on a side street in Paris but when you see them trying to drive down the highway or freeway it has to make you nervous. At least it does for me and I try to avoid them at all costs!!

Adam12

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "moped scooter." A moped and a scooter are two completely different things. It's been awhile since I've seen a moped, but scooters are a common sight around here. I've always wanted a Honda Silverwing scooter, but the price is beyond my means. Perhaps one day I'll get one.

TBird65

Miami Area

These things are everywhere in South Florida. i guess because the weather is super nice and traffic is crazy. With a moped, you can just scoot right on through.