Music in the car with kids

chillen

Is there a certain level of noise those here (parents) refuse to go over when listening to music in the car? How exactly do you tell what is too loud and what is not?

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I try to keep at a reasonable level. Not sure how to describe the level, but you could talk over the music without having to scream.

69Mustang

Yes I too turn the music down to a tolerable level when the kids are in the car with me. When they aren't though I blast my music, it relaxes me or energizes me depending on the kind of music.

Mustang37

My daughter is always turning up the music when we get in the car. I usually have to turn it down! It drives me crazy!
I can remember when she was younger and we had to listen to Barney all the time.

joyrider05

My kids are now aware of my car rules. Before they can do anything they want inside my car but now is completely different. I'm the driver so I'm always the boss. They are no longer allowed to listen loud music without my permission. At least now, I can drive with peace of mind.

janeg

I think that you should only have your volume to the lowest point to which you can hear it. Don't go blasting your music, that is illegal in some states.