My poor friend

vroombaby

Sometimes we all have those days I guess..........I just got off the phone with my friend who managed to try and refill the windshield fluid but was sidetracked with kids in the backyard yelling and a cat under toes and ended up hitting the radiator instead!

What we have learned now is that when this happens and you pop in the car to attempt to test out the new fluid, it smokes. No harm done but still be careful when your not paying attention. :heh:

Dodge Doll

O good grief, that's funny and yet it's not....!

At least the inside of the radiator is clean as a whistle?

I'm sure there's an associated smell to remind.... and well, that one won't happen again??

Last edited:

KC23

Sounds like something I would do. I get distracted pretty easily. I'm glad it didn't do more damage, seems like that could've been really bad.

vroombaby

I have never managed anything like this myself but it seems the person cut the corner too short and just clipped it at the right angle. I wonder how much money is spent a year on pure accidents, not idiot driving but actual accidents.

MaximumSpeed

Wow, that could have been a problem if it were other fluids - like oil in the transmission, or transmission fluid in the radiator, or any number of other combinations. Glad it was something that wasn't a huge problem!

vroombaby

Its oddly not that surprising as it seems on facebook last night a girl I went to school with did the same exact thing, on the phone and all. I think the phone and a major distraction has something to do with it. I wonder if these people should be even driving?

Jon

I've actually done this before. I've been distracted with this or that and put oil in the radiator or antifreeze in the windshield washer tank. It's a chore then to correct your mistake before you can start the car, so bad things won't happen.

Vroooom_1972

That is why I don't attempt to do anything myself with the car. I am very clumsy plus I am always doing ten things at once.

vroombaby

It makes me sit back and wonder how many people try to do too much at the same time as other things. This could have been far worse I could think of tons of things, phone call while cooking (or heaven forbid holding an infant while cooking), all types of stuff. Its like people have lost their damn minds or something.