Old Toothbrush

RoadWarrior

An old toothbrush is great when washing the car. I use it to scrub (softly) around the mirrors, the bumpers and around the door to the gas cap. It works great in all the little spaces a brush or sponge won't fit.

Anyone else use an old toothbrush when washing the car?

Lindsey

I guess they must work well because my husband is always asking me if we have any old toothbrushes around. Since he uses them on my car, I make sure I save them for him.

Flipit

I'm glad to see I'm not the only person who saves old toothbrushes to use in cleaning the car. I'm also guilty of picking up those toothbrushes for free when they run a special plus coupon sale at the drugstore. I keep a supply of toothbrushes just for the purpose of cleaning in those small areas.

Skippy

I have never thought about using them to clean the car. I just threw out a bunch of old toothbrushes because my hubby travels a lot for his business. He will use a toothbrush once on these trips, forget about it and then take another next time. I will have to start saving them.

Hotrod25

I've never thought about using an old toothbrush! Great tip to share. I use clothes when cleaning the car. I would be afraid that the toothbrush might scratch the paint, so you would have to be super careful.

Rodney

My wife saves old toothbrushes for cleaning around the house, but I've never used one on the car. This is a good tip and I will definitely be confiscating an old toothbrush for detailing purposes.