Pet Peeves

Lamboguy

There are two things I really can't stand and that upset me a lot when driving or my car is parked. One is tailgating. I hate when people do it to me. I rebel and really slow down. If they try to pass and their is a car in the other lane, I speed up to block them.

The other thing I don't like is when my car is parked and people swing their doors open and hit mine so I have little marks all on the sides of my car. I'd love to catch someone actually doing it sometime.

NeedNewWheels

You named two of mine. I hate tailgating and I hate getting scratches from careless people and their kids opening their doors. I hate when people back into your car and leave. I hate when people speed up to block you from changing lanes, usually if you are trying to get in the slow lane to get off the freeway of course.

Devoted2Dodge

I absolutely loathe people who tailgate too! Tailgaters make me want to slam on my brakes, just so I can wreck their car. I really hate it when there are cars in front of me going slow. The rude driver behind me tailgates my car, I guess they think I am the slow driver. The person gets so close to my bumper, I think they are going to bump my car! Then the person tailgating finally starts to pass me, only to find they can't because of the slow cars in front of me.

MaximumSpeed

Tailgating is rather rude, yeah. If someone is tailgating me, I will slow down and edge over toward the right side of the road so they can pass so I don't have to deal with it.

MotorX

I hate it when people try to pass IN my lane, just because my bike is smaller than their car. It's like they think because my bike takes up less space, they don't have to stay out of my lane!

Leslie

Turn signals! No, not the proper use of them, but the people who turn but didn't signal - AND the people who leave their signal on for miles and miles and MILES... with no intention of turning.

NeedNewWheels

Tailgating is rather rude, yeah. If someone is tailgating me, I will slow down and edge over toward the right side of the road so they can pass so I don't have to deal with it.
I try to do that whenever possible. I would rather not deal with them. I hate when they do it when there are two lanes for them to choose from though. I am always in the right lane unless I need to turn and they just don't want to go around.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I am doing my best not to let tailgaters bother me anymore. Those who ride their brakes are still get to me. I've seen more then my share of people stopping in the middle lane at an intersection to make a turn. Or stopping in the left lane and waiting until the turning lane starts to move to move over. There is no reason why you cannot do a u-turn ahead.

Lamboguy

I take it none of you live in South Florida. We were voted number one in the country for road rage last year I think. Well actually, Miami was, but I'm close to that and my father lives there so I know what it's like. I guess another thing I hate is as soon as the light turns green someone is laying on the horn. Running red lights is another one. Sometimes it's 4 or 5 cars running it at the intersections down here. I get ticked off when someone also wants to fight me because they cut me off and I let them know I wasn't happy.

Sometimes I just want to move back to Michigan where it's much more peaceful.

vroombaby

Slowing down for someone that is tailgating you is no better than tailgating itself. Just another reason to get someone all "road rage" on you, endangering yourself and everyone around you.

NeedNewWheels

Slowing down for someone that is tailgating you is no better than tailgating itself. Just another reason to get someone all "road rage" on you, endangering yourself and everyone around you.
When I say that I slow down and get over I mean that I get over to the side of the road so that they can pass me easily, when it's safe to do so. I agree that just slowing down to antagonize the other driver is a hazard though.

Skippy

I hate it when people lay on the horn right after the light changes too. Or the ones that honk at you when you are turning right on red because you chose to wait for traffic instead of just pulling right out.

Leslie

vroom, yes, I agree that slowing down just to irritate a tailgater is rude, too. I don't slow and move over unless it is clear and legal for them to pass.