Radio doesn't work?

mobilityuser4

I bought a van that had the fuse pulled and the radio didn't work because it was on that fuse. It was really the alternator, not the fuse so I plugged it back in. Everything on that circuit works except the radio. Does anyone know how to get it working again?

Top Gear

Sorry to say this is not an unusual problem. You'd think that other things on the circuit being okay would make no sense but the radio could just be dead. I guess you have checked that all connections are tight and wiring is correct?

mobilityuser4

I'm not really sure where to go about checking connections and wiring. I've never really cared about a working radio before. Do I pull it out? The fuse is securely in.

ginger

Hrm, fancy pants!

I think you are all fancy with your radio! I do not have a radio in my van cause it kept getting broken in to. :heh: Still you might have out right radio wiring problem or a dead radio. If you can find another car radio just to test with you could find out I bet.

carl

Sounds like buying a new radio would be your best option. When it comes to accessories like that, I've found replacements are the best way to go.