Sold it off

chillen

It was a pain but we have finally gotten rid of our clunker thats been in the yard (as much as I hate to say it). We did not get what it was worth but we also did not have the time or patience to fix what was wrong with it. How many here have clunkers?

Weezer

I wish I did. I just have the van now and I really, really need a second car. I don't care if it's just a plain, old clunker as long as it will run enough to get me around town. I really just want something so we don't run our van to death.

SABL

Administrator
I must have missed something... bear with me as I get used to this forum.

What is a clunker?? Better yet... what was the clunker that was sold??

Next project will be a 1972 Torino GT..owned by my son for 18 years... clunker at the moment but does hold some promise.

Next "clunker" (not on schedule at this time) is a 1978 Chevy Nova ... owned by another son for 12 years. 350ci 4bolt is on the stand and hp not determined yet... that will depend on cam and carbs.

I haven't taken inventory lately, but have a few more...lol

chillen

1995 Buick Park Avenue

Told ya, old clunker and now its gone which I am happy about but still kind of miss it. It is the only car I ever had that had a bumper sticker on it (totally against that now of course).

SABL

Administrator
Still looks nice and shiny..<grin>. The problem with cars like that is all the options that can become a maintenance issue with age and mileage. Reminds me of the '63 Pontiac Gran Prix I drove when I was in high school.... lotsa options that didn't work...<laugh>. Ran great but don't try the power windows!! But that was long ago and many options were new tech that needed the bugs worked out.

"Clunkers" I have owned but wouldn't mind having again:
'57 Chevy 4dr 210 wagon
'56 Pontiac Safari 2dr wagon.... very close to the Chevy Nomad wagon
'59 Volkswagon Beetle... fun car
'64 Chevy Impala SS 327 4sp
'58 Chevy Bel Air... no longer top of the line with the intro of the Impala that year
'63 Pontiac Gran Prix (already memtioned)

All (with the exception of the '64 Impala) were owned when I was in high school.

Mustang37

I hear you- I have had a pop-up camper outside for sale for ages! It just sat out there and it finally sold yesterday! We have great luck with vehicles in the yard though. I live on a busy road and usually they are gone within a couple of weeks.

chillen

That was just a random photo I grabbed online, if I had posted what we sold you folks would make fun of me for it. The poor beast was in bad shape but I am thankful the new owner is going to get her looking nice again.

MiniMe

For how long does a car be in great condition after its reconditioning? My dad owned a van, I forgot about the name already because it was sold 10 years ago, and he reconditioned it after buying it. He repainted the van and made an overhaul recondition of the engine. If I'm not mistaken, it only took 1 year for the problems to reoccur.