Something still wrong!

FenderBender

I took my car to Auto Zone and they told me that the service engine light was on because my gas cap seal was cracked. I fixed it but my service engine light still has not gone off.

Devoted2Dodge

My sister took her jeep to Auto Zone too, because her check engine light was on. She fixed what they told her was wrong, but the check engine light was still on. The light ended up turning off, later that day. Did you check to see if your gas cap was on tight? My check engine light stayed on, one time, because I did not have my gas cap on right. Sorry, I could not help more.

FenderBender

Yes, I have taken it on and off several times to put gas on and it clicks so I know it is on as far as it goes. The only thing I can think of is that they gave me the wrong one and it is not sealing properly.

Skippy

That really stinks Fender. I would take it back to Auto Zone and see if the same code comes up. Maybe there was a secondary code that they didn't tell you about.

MaximumSpeed

Yeah, I'd go back by AutoZone with it, too. Could be an entirely different issue that's keeping the light lit than what you fixed. I hope you get it figured out!

FenderBender

I have not had a chance yet to go there but I plan on stopping tomorrow after work. I will be pretty upset if they tell me something else is wrong.